Saturday, September 06, 2008

Evacuation Trip: Gustav 2008

We have finally made it home from evacuating to Monroe for Gustav. Everything is fine here and life is pretty much back to normal- pending the limbs I have to pick up in the front yard today.

Below are just some pics from our trip. Hannah had a great time in Monroe with all of her cousins, but I think she was glad to get home too. She was so incredibly hyper when we pulled up to the house. She wanted to help do everything to get our house put back together. It was cute, but I kept having to find small things she could move around.

On Tuesday, at least I think that was Tuesday, we went to a store called Doodlez and let the girls paint some pottery. They had a great time.




On Wednesday, we took a trip to Target with Renee. Hannah picked out some sunglasses and tried on some shoes.




Wednesday was when all the rain from Gustav had hit Monroe. My parents have a deck outside their house on the bayou. The water is usually a good few feet below the deck, but Gustav brought it all the way up. These pictures were taken when it had gone down a bit too. Larkin, Ella and Hannah found something super interesting on the deck as well.




On Thursday, we packed up to go home. We packed up food and drinks in the ice chest. Hannah was responsible for the ice. I have to say, she was very good at it too.



All in all, it was a good trip. We got to visit with family and let all the cousins play. We are glad to be back home and are back to watching Ike now. This could get old real fast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right that it does get really old. Hopefully, we'll miss the rest of the season. I'm glad y'all had a safe trip and are home now. I figured y'all had headed for safe areas. Rest well this weekend!

Claire said...

I just LOVE Hannah!!! I missed her today, Mia stayed home because the family went back to Houma today. I have not showed Mia your blog yet for fear that she will never give me my laptop back!! She is in bed right now watching Barney with "pretend Hannah"... it's too funny!!!