Wednesday, October 17, 2007

First Name Basis

Well, Hannah and I have grown our relationship recently. We are now on a strict first name basis. She calls me Allison and I call her Hannah. Oh, aren't we becoming close.

She has understood for a while now that she calls me Mommy, but my name is Allison. But just recently, she has decided that just calling me "Mommy," must not be doing the job efficiently enough so she has switched to Allison.

Now the way the process goes is that she usually starts with Mommy, and about the second try with no response Allison kicks in. She attempts screaming Allison until she has my attention.

I also have to say that she is one little smart cookie because this has worked like a charm for her. I have been so thrown off by her asking for Allison that I immediately turn my head toward her. HAHA, what a sucker I am.

So don't be alarmed if she asks for Allison. It is not a new friend, but more like an old friend with a new alias.

As I always say, they do learn fast and the whole calling me Allison thing is like the mommy thing. It is so cute when they first do it, and then after a while it is not so cute anymore, if you know what I mean. So I have a feeling as soon as I become bored with being called Allison, I will gladly switch back to Mommy. Oh, the games we play.

No comments: