Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Potty Training Happy Time

Well, I have finally gotten ready to make a more serious approach to this potty training stuff. I know there is a fine line between pushing too hard and waiting for them to be ready, so I am walking that line.

So, we have started wearing big girl panties when we get home from school. We have started sitting on the potty right when we get out of bed (well, on most days because I don't push it and some mornings she wants to go straight to mommy's bed). We have started talking ALL the time about potty. Seems a little strange at first because no other than a potty training 2 year old do you have these types of conversations.

It is going good. We actually used the potty successfully the other morning, which we danced around the house about all morning. I know we have a long way to go, but I know it will come soon enough- I hope at least.

She gets excited about it, and the girl loves some toilet paper. Again, another thing in life that little people get excited about. She likes it soooo much, that I use it as a reward. For example, she pretends to potty to get toilet paper, but in my house you ONLY get toilet paper if you actually potty. Well, I may be acting a little stronger than I am, sometimes when she sits a long time on the potty I let her have it because I think if she put in that much time on the potty, she should at least finish the process.

Well, I am sure Hannah will love this post as she gets older, but I could have made it much worse by telling how she waves good bye when you flush a toilet. Oh well, the joys of growing up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We've all been there. Sounds normal to me.
Love you,
Grandma

Anonymous said...

That's great! Hopefully the potty training process will go really good! Love ya'll!