Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas Songs- the Hannah Version

We are in full swing for Christmas at our household. Hannah LOVES Christmas songs- the bad part, she really likes them when I sing them. Needless to say our commute to and from work and school is full of Mommy singing Christmas songs, which wouldn't have been so bad at my last job, but now the torture goes on a little longer with our trip across the causeway (and not Hannah torture- my signing torture- sorry if anyone has to ride anywhere with us. I am a bit tone deaf, and yes, that is my excuse).

My major concern is that come December 25th, Hannah won't know to turn them off!!! We may have Christmas in January, February, March and so forth.

As I am singing the songs, Hannah has come to realize that she wants to adjust the words a bit- our (I should say her) favorites are "Jingle Bells" and "Santa Claus is coming to town." Now here below is the correct version vs. the Hannah version.

Jingle Bells:
The Version We All Know and Love: Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle All the Way. Oh what fun it is to ride on a ONE horse open sleigh- hey.

Hannah's New and Improved Version (She think I said "WHITE horse open sleigh"): Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle All the Way. Oh what fun it is to ride on a YELLOW horse open sleigh- hey. (Hannah has a yellow horse- not a white horse)

Santa Claus is Coming to Town:
The Version We All Know and Love: You Better Watch Out. You Better Not Cry. You Better Not Pout I'm Telling You Why; Santa Claus is coming to town.

Hannah's New and Improved Version: You Better Watch Out. You Better Not Cry. You Better Not Pout I'm Telling you Why; Santa Clause is coming to Hannah. (She gets super upset if Santa is only coming to town. He must come to Hannah.)

The first time I sang "Santa Clause is Coming to Town" and I got the part about "He knows when you are sleeping. He knows when your awake. He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake." Hannah looked at me really strange like, "Uh, what. I don't think so." We'll see how good that song works.

Oh, things get so fun when they can talk! So, just beware when you sing Christmas songs to or around Hannah and she falls out on the floor mad- you, my friend, have sang the wrong words.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha! She's a song writer now! I can't wait to hear her sing. And I'm sure your mommy voice is perfect to Hannah.
Love, Grandma

Anonymous said...

That's hillarious! I'm glad she likes Christmas songs and it is too funny that she adjusts the words to the way she wants them! Have a good weekend. Love, Courtney