Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Getting Back to Life With Mommy

As most of you know, Hannah spent all last week in Alabama with Ninny and Grandaddy- and of course, everyone else! Well, we have had a small adjustment period getting back to life with Mommy. As it should be, Mommy isn't quite as "giving" as grandparents.

On our way home, I didn't do something exactly right (or as Ninny would have), she started screaming that she wanted to go back to Ninny's house. I politely told her that we could call Ninny all the time, but we can't go back right now. She didn't like that idea too much either. She finally stopped screaming at me when she realized I was no longer responding.

That night, we had to go to timeout about 4 times in a row for the same thing. At that point, I realized that both of us were just hard headed and wanted to win. We were both holding strong to what we were trying to accomplish. Well, as it should be, I won. Only after having to take her out of the bath 4 times to go to timeout. (oh, I forgot to mention she was in the bath tub for a little over an hour throughout this issue. She was pruny.)

And I also realized that it is not just her readjusting- it is me too. After an entire week of a quiet house with time to watch TV and read books and do whatever I want, Mommy's can get spoiled too.

But as she is throwing her tantrums and taking the walk of shame (or probably in her mind "walk of pride") to time out, I have to remind myself what a great time she had last week. Everyone needs a good spoiling every now and then- even Mommy's. I am glad to have her home, but my reading has slowed down quite a bit from last week.

No comments: