Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I'm Back

I know it has been a while since I posted, so don't think I forgot about all of you in Hannahland.

Hannah and I have been really busy lately, and she is getting so big. A few weeks ago, Hannah got a new high chair that allowed her to sit up a little straighter. Since we got that high chair, we have moved from putting food directly on the high chair to using bowls and silver wear. It is so nice because I just sit her in her seat and she goes to town. She is still getting used to her fork and spoon, but she's got the idea. She just picks up the food and then puts it on the spoon. She then tries to get it turned back around to go in her mouth, which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I place her milk in the cup holder and she picks it up to drink and places it nicely back into the cup holder. Her fine motor skills are just getting better by the day.

This won't be a big deal for anyone really but me, since I see it everyday. But Hannah just made me so happy Friday morning. When I take her to day care, she usually goes to her teacher and they hold her for a bit while I leave - to make sure the transition goes smoothly, if you know what I mean. Well, when I dropped her off on Friday, her teacher had another baby in her arms and she was putting her down to get Hannah. I went ahead and put Hannah down on the ground. My baby just walked off to the toy box, not even looking back at me or her teacher. I was so proud.

As for the weekend, we started painting our house. We only had one incident with Hannah and the paint. She was really good about not touching the walls and staying away from the paint brushes, but one time we put the paint bucket too low. The good news is that I turned around fast enough to stop her entire hand from getting into the paint. She merely decorated the ends of her fingertips.

And on a not so fun note, Hannah has another ear infection. She hasn't had one since the winter, so that is good news. She is just really fussy right now, and very clingy. But her being clingy is not much of a difference -we are still going through all of that. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon and we will be good again.

Well, that should catch everyone up for a while. Hannah is growing so fast. I don't even have to carry her to the car in the mornings. She just walks out of the house herself, and when she hits an area she doesn't think she can make it around by herself, she very cutely puts up her hand for me to hold. It is really cute.

I hope everyone is having a good summer- school will be in again soon!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you have to remind me! I have enjoyed spending more time with Hannah throughout the summer. School just means I won't have as much free time to play with her. She is such a special little girl and so smart!