Thursday, October 19, 2006

A Lesson for Mommy!

So, I had my first "watch what your saying" lesson last night. I was so shocked that it took me a few minutes to realize what had just happened- then of course, I laughed!

Hannah and I were on our way home from school and it was raining. I almost missed a turn, and I said "Crap." Then I hear her say, "Crap". It wasn't real distinct, but she was definitely mocking me. Then I said, uh oh, and then I hear her in the back seat saying that too!!!! The crazy thing was that she wasn't even paying attention to me. She was playing with her shoes.

I knew this was going to happen, so I don't know why I acted so surprised. I just kept driving home and pondering what had just happened. I am still a little taken back, but I guess I should just be glad it was just "Crap"!!!

Now I am going to start telling strangers on the street to watch their language! HA- that would be awesome. "Um excuse me sir, I know this is a free country with free speech and all, but could you refrain from using those socially unacceptable terms in front of my daughter." But I guess I need to start with myself!!! Who would have thought I would get in such a tizzy about the word "Crap".

Ah, the learning lessons that my 18 month old daughter continues to teach me. She will straighten me out before you know it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They pick up everything! Of course, Hannah is also very smart! We will all have to be on our "toes" from now on.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! I knew this day would come. I don't want to say "I told you so." ...but