Thursday, September 14, 2006

My first colors

The other day my mother asked me if I had been teaching Hannah her colors. Oops! Is that what is next?

Needless to say, it hasn't been a top priority in our house. Animals and the sounds they make have kind of taken the lead. Not to mention, one of my friends pointed out the other day, "Why do we spend so much time teaching them what animals say?" Colors, letters, numbers, what the animal actually is, is really the important stuff. I told her, "You haven't seen a toddler try and make a monkey sound or an elephant impersonation."

Anyway, that is digressing. So Hannah was in the bath last night and she has these colored floating balls that she plays with. Well, last night I start picking them up and saying, "Yellow ball, Red ball, etc." Then I put them down and asked her, "Where is the red ball?" And by golly, she went right to it. Oh the exceptional child that she is!!!!!! I proceeded to go onto to the other colors, and she goes right to them.

I will try it again tonight and we will see how she does, but I am sure she will nail it again. I mean, since she is sooooo smart for her age! HAHA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course, I knew she would catch on fast. She's an exceptional little girl! She is learning everything so fast it's mind-boggling. I love this age!

Way to go, Hannah!