Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Who is Momma?

For a very long time- probably before Hannah even new what was going on in this world- I would point to me and say "Momma" and point to her and say "Hannah." Well Hannah is exceptional for her age and all (hehe), but I think she is really confused on this one! Instead of pointing to herself and saying Hannah (or something along those lines), she points to herself and says "Momma."

I repeatedly tell her, "No, I am momma. You are Hannah." But then I realized that she called everyone Momma. She understands peoples names because this weekend I would tell her to go and find Renee, and she would go right to her. But then again, she would look at her and say Momma. I am just a little curious to what she thinks Momma is.

I mean how does she define "Momma." Any person who gives me food. Someone who plays with me on the floor at night. Someone who constantly asks for hugs and kisses. Any person with long, brown hair. Any persons who says "No mam, Hannah." Or does she know a persons name (which is obvious that she does), and the only thing that comes out of her mouth is "Momma."

It is all cute and funny until she points at the stranger in the grocery store and says "Momma." Then she will take my all-powerful Momma status away and just hand it to a stranger. I don't mind sharing with people she knows, but geez I don't want to share with a complete stranger. I am sure she has her own all-powerful "Momma" status.

I assume as she begins to talk more, this situation will take care of itself. And for the record, it is really cute when she points to herself and says Momma. I would just like to get into her brain and see what she means.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's just going through a stage. Nothing to worry about.

Anonymous said...

The other weekend, she was calling herself Hammah. I guess that is what it was, I don't know it could have been momma, but it sounded an awful lot like her name. Of course she is advanced, she is our daughter! Anyway, make sure she says Dad some too!lol.