Friday, June 09, 2006

And she's off!


Finally my blog is back up and running. I have had some big news and it wouldn't let me share it. I sent out an email yesterday with the pictures because I couldn't get on here. Now I will share a few of the stories that go along with our new found talent.

As most of you know, Hannah really started walking on Tuesday. I noticed it a little bit on Sunday, but on Tuesday she became a walking machine, and she has gotten so much better in just a few days it is crazy.

At first, she would get up holding onto something and take off, but by the time night came on Tuesday she could get up without holding onto anything. She did have some problems getting up from the sitting position, but that was soon figured out as well.

On Wednesday, we came home and I put her sippy cup on the table. The next thing I know she has grabbed the cup and was off. She tucks it really close to her and just goes to walking. She still can't figure out how to drink and stand up at the same time, which is a real inconvenience for her so I am sure it won't be long.

For the first time since I moved into my new place I wondered it if was too small. For those of you who have seen my house you will understand a little better. The den and kitchen are connected and you can go around them in a circle (I hope that makes sense), and Hannah does just that. She goes around and around and around. She doesn't seem to get bored with it, but I think she is really relishing in her new found freedom.

Also on Wednesday when I went to get her out of bed, she usually pops up to the sitting position and I will pick her up. Oh, but not that day! I go into to get her and she pops up to the standing position like it was no big deal that she was now standing on her own. It was funny because it was like she was saying, "I'm good and I know it!"

It hasn't been all good though. She has taken some pretty good front dives, and she doesn't really like those. We got a busted lip last night and I am scared to death we are going to mess up those teeth we have worked so hard for. She still has trouble seeing what she is about to walk on, so she trips a good bit. But it is all in learning. We take for granted how easy it is to walk, but that is hard stuff!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so proud of herself. And I'm so proud of her, too. We knew it would be just a matter of her deciding to walk. Well, she is now determined to walk. She is too cute!

Kim said...

Get ready. Nothing is safe once they start walking. Morgan is into everything, and she's fast too. I know Hannah will be exploring everything too. It's exciting though to see them moving so well. Give Hannah a congraulatory hug from us!

Anonymous said...

We cannot wait to see her walking. She is so precious in these pictures. She will be hard to keep up with now! She is so inquisitive! Give Hannah a big hug and kiss from her Alabama Grands! We love you both.