Thursday, June 29, 2006

Higher Mommy Higher

Yesterday, Hannah and I went to the lake after work with some friends. They have a bunch of little play areas by the lake, so we had a picnic and played a while. Hannah has been to parks before and played in swings, but for some reason yesterday she really enjoyed it.

After we ate our dinner, I put her in the swing (probably not the smartest thing in the world, but it ended up okay). I pushed her and she started laughing. She was having the best time. Her hair was blowing in the wind and she kept on laughing. After a while, it started to make me feel sick just watching her so I slowed it down and tried to take her out. She wasn't having any of that. She gripped onto the swing and wasn't letting go. Not to mention letting out a really good scream so everyone around thought I was hurting her!

So what does any really strict mom (that I am) do, I start pushing again! And she is happy again! Eventually I got her out, and we went home. But she was a pill the rest of the night and I think she wanted her swing back! Kind of strange, since she was never a big fan of the swing as a baby. Maybe I should give it another shot!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That girl needs her own swing! Watch out, Allie, it's a sign of things to come. (Ha, Ha!)

BASSakward Tales said...

jacob always loved the swing too. it is so much fun to watch them laugh and giggle while you are pushing them. beware of bugs flying in her mouth while she is laughing and swinging!