Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I can do it!

I am about to let out a secret about me that only a few people know, but you have to know to truly understand this story. I have a container at my house that holds unused ketchup and Taco Bell sauce packets. It is plastic and probably about a gallon size. I have a pet peave about not getting enough Taco Bell sauce with my Mexican Pizzas, so I keep some handy. Okay, I keep a lot handy. The container is probably over half full with sauce packets.

The other night, I indulged myself and got a Mexican Pizza. I brought out the container and sat it on the floor. I forgot to put it back in the pantry that night, and the next night Hannah found it. It was hilarious. Since she has started walking, she has also started working out her strength moves.

We were sitting on the floor and she headed toward the container. The next thing I know, she is trying to lift it. She looks like she is on the world's strongest man contest. She is squatting and trying to wrap her arms around it just right to get a good grip. Well, she does it! She grabs on to it and starts carrying it over to me. By the time she made it to me, she had this "Hurry Mom take it" look on her face. So I took it and sat it down. She let and go and went on to find the next thing to haul my way.

She is so cute now that she is walking. She grabs her big books and carries them to me, and anything else she can find. I really like her walking, but I may eat those words in a few months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That girl will try anything. She brought me a book that was almost dragging the floor last week. But she made it and was so proud of herself. She is such a cutie. I like her walking, too.