Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I'm sleepy

A few weeks ago I got a carrier put on the back of my bike so Hannah and me could get out a little bit after work. At first I thought, "It will be fun for her. She will get to see dogs in the neighborhood, kids playing in their yards, birds flying in the air." The possibilities were endless for her little eyes.

Well, Hannah had a totally different idea in mind when she gets on the bike. She is so tired when she gets home from day care that she just falls asleep as soon as we get on the bike. For a minute she is awake, but then I start hearing her helmet scratch on the side of the seat and I know she is out.

Yesterday, I started to get really nervous about hitting a bump and hurting her neck. I pull over and it takes all I have to wake her up. She wakes up, takes a deep breath like "Mom leave me alone" and goes right back to sleep.

I amazes me how babies, well she is not really a baby anymore, can sleep anywhere. I just keep riding my bike and her head is just bobbing in the back. I try to go ways that don't have many bumps and I try to turn corners really slow because there is absolutely no way to keep her awake.

In the whole scheme of things, it is really good because she gets in a little nap and then she will stay up a little later and play with me. So I can't complain too much. I guess I just better be glad she likes to ride and doesn't fight her helmet!

No comments: