Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Happy Easter

This past weekend was Hannah's first Easter, and I always hate when I have to blog after a weekend because so many things happen. I will go for the highlights.

On Saturday, we took Hannah to the zoo for the first time. She had a great time! I really wanted her to jump up and down in excitement, but she was really very still. She just stared and looked on in amazement. Every now and then she would stick out her hand and say "UH". (I have figured out the sticking out of the hand means - go this way.)

Not every animal got the hand though. There were a few criteria from the animals: 1) they had to be moving (and usually pretty fast) 2) they had to be colorful (no camoflauge animals) 3) they had to be really big (the turtles were not a big hit).

The big winners of the day were the anteaters and the giraffes. The anteaters were moving around a lot (not to mention they looked funny) and the giraffes were literally two feet from Hannah. You could put a branch in your hand and the giraffes would eat out of your hand they were so close. I will attach a picture as soon as I get them off of my camera!

It was fun and will get even more fun as she gets older, but I have to say Hannah loves animals.

As for the rest of the weekend, we hung around New Orleans. On Sunday we got dressed in our Easter outfits and saw an Easter parade by Jackson Sqare. Hannah came home with a few more stuffed animals (exactly what we needed). And we ate lunch at Court of Two Sisters. We sat by a fountain and Hannah wanted to stand by it the entire time, but it was okay because everyone stopped to look at the cute baby.

It was a great weekend, but Hannah and I are both still tired. I love weekends, but I feel like I have to go back to work to recuperate from them. In other words, we play really hard on the weekends. Hannah goes to school to rest up from the weekend!

1 comment:

BASSakward Tales said...

okay, we are loving the hannah stories, but stephen is sooooooooooooo mad with you. he wants to eat at the court of two sisters again - real soon. i can't wait to see the pictures of hannah baby. love ya