Thursday, April 06, 2006

I didn't get to blog and talk about Hannah's American Idol vote yesterday, so I will tell you who now.

Well, it is sad, but she voted for Mandisa, who got voted off yesterday! It wasn't a very strong vote from Hannah, but I have learned that we can no longer eat dinner while watching American Idol.

My mother came over so we fixed a nice dinner to watch American Idol. I usually sit at the coffee table to eat dinner and it is always a task to keep Hannah out of my plate. What can I say, the girl likes to eat! So I did as I always do and I sat at the coffee table and my mother sat on the couch. Then I realized that my sweet,darling Hannah is much like a dog when it comes to food!

I obviously wasn't giving her enough off of my plate because suddenly I feel her trying to squeeze between me and the couch to get to my mom. She eventually makes it, and she is now grabbing at my mother's plate! She stood there screaming until my mom put something in her mouth, much like a dog will bark until is gets what it wants!

I know it is horrible to compare my daughter to a dog, but I just kept thinking about how a dog will sit by your chair at the dinner table and make whimpers or barks until it gets some food. Not to mention, a dog will usually learn not to go to his owner because a guest will probably give in easier than the owner. Much like a grandma, they will probably give in easier than a mother would.

Anyway, I have decided that eating of my plate at dinner is just not acceptable. Hannah will now receive her own plate at dinner, so may be she won't harrass every guest who comes over. I am the only one who can compare my daughter to a dog. I don't want everyone leaving my house to do the same!

Just another learning lesson in this first year of being a mother. I am on information overload! Everytime I think I have things figured out, things change and we are onto something different! Oh Well! I have loved every minute of it.

No comments: