Friday, April 28, 2006

Put Her There!

I was just bragging on Hannah last night to my sister about her newly developed hand-eye coordination. It is just crazy how all of a sudden she can make her hands go exactly where she wants them to go and she understands where things go! For example, when she takes a bath, she likes to point her finger and stick it up the faucet. Also during her bath, she likes to play with a rag and suck the water out of it. Well, now she dips the rag and shoves it to my mouth like I want to enjoy the lovely bath water that she is soaking in! And a few weeks ago I noticed her putting the cap back on her bottle. She knew exactly where it was supposed to go. So, I get really excited because it is my first glimpse of Hannah being able to put up her own toys. I mean she knows where things go, so why can't she put up her own toys!!!!

Anyway, this morning I was giving Hannah her bottle. Every morning we crawl back in bed for her to eat. She holds her own bottle, which is story in itself, and she knows exactly where it goes (in her mouth). Well, as soon as I do all of this bragging on her excellent motor skills, she proves me wrong! This morning she takes a pause while taking her bottle, and I wait for her to get her breath and start again. But this time she doesn't make it to her mouth, she keeps trying to shove it in her nostrils. I die laughing and telling her that is not where the bottle goes, but she continues to try and get it in. Then she pauses and just leaves it with the end of the nipple sitting in her nostril (I mean it is just on the outside of her nostril because her nose is not that big!) And we stay like that for about a minute. Then she puts it down and starts her usual crawling around the bed.

So, I guess we still have a bit of learning to do, but we sure are laughing a lot along the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a hoot! She obviously is trying out other options for her bottle. Such a clever girl. Why not see if the nose is as efficient as the mouth. Trial and error is what it's all about. Great job, Hannah!

Love and Happy Birthday, Grandma