Wednesday, May 03, 2006

My new cousin!


Welcome to the world Claire!

This picture ought to show you how much Hannah has grown in one year. She didn't really know what was going on with the baby, but every now and then she would point and make a sound toward her. We let her touch her head very lightly because we didn't want her pulling her hair or scratching her. Little Claire had already scractched herself plenty! I am still overwhelmed when I think about how much they do and grow in one year.

Anyway, another new toy Hannah got for her birthday was a machine that blows balls into the air. When they come out of the top, they are supposed to go along a spiral track so they can be shot out again. Well, I think ours has extra power because those balls get shot everywhere. They only land back in the toy when Hannah stops them.

Last night we were playing with it and Hannah figured out she like the balls better on the ground and the air in her face. She pushes the button to get it started and watches the balls fly everywhere. If she can catch a ball, she throughs it on the floor with the rest, and then she puts her face over the space that the air shoots the balls out. She gets really close to it, and then backs aways and laughs. She kept doing this while I ran around the den chasing loose balls to go back into the toy. My mother pointed out that this may be a new exercise machine for me!

I guess we can both benefit from some of her new toys!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Claire is adorable. I know that she and Hannah will be good buddies. It is amazing to see the difference in size that one year makes.

BASSakward Tales said...

claire is beautiful, but i am still partial to my hannah bug. it is so funny to watch kids, especially small ones, and how they react to toys they get. for example, when jacob was 2 he enjoyed playing with the wrapping paper at christmas rather than the toy that was inside. love ya