Thursday, May 18, 2006

Play the Music Mom!

Anyone who knows me knows that I can not dance. I always give a good effort, but I have white-girl syndrome to the fullest. They told me when Hannah was young that if you bounce babies a lot it teaches them rhythm, well I must have never been bounced, but it looks like I did a good job with Hannah.

Hannah is a dancing machine! She listens to the TV and dances, she turns on her toys and dances and she dances while I sing (which is also one of my strong points). For her birthday, one of my friends bought her a drum set that came with a xylophone, tamborine, bells, a shaker and of course, a drum. Hannah absolutely loves it, and I have to admit I see a little talent. She will take the drum stick and go back and forth between the drum set and the xylophone and make a little tune. She has a long way to go, but she interested.

Sometimes, I will play the drums and she will play the xylophone, or sometimes we will switch it up. Sometimes, I will sing a song and she will play along and dance. We like to get creative with out music. One song she really likes is: Rocky, Rocky, Rocky to and fro.....(you know how it goes). She will even start rocking her chair and humming along in the tune. I am telling you the girl has talent!

For now, I think we will keep up our own music sessions, but later she will definitely have to get real lessons. You know, (I never thought I say this) I wouldn't even care if someone bought her a lousy drum set or keyboard. I mean if she is good at it, who am I to say no!

No comments: