Wednesday, May 31, 2006

New School

Hannah started a new school yesterday. I was really nervous because she was doing really well at her last day care and I really liked it. So it was a hard decision to move her, and when I was on my way to take her I thought I was about to cry!

Throughout the day I thought about calling to check on her, but I don't really think they would tell me if she was doing horribly. I mean they probably would, but I know they wouldn't want to worry me any further.

I went to pick her up that afternoon and her smiling little face was waiting at the door. I walked and the lady imediately said to me, "Hannah did not sleep all day, is that normal?" Well, I inquired a little more, because you know how some people can exagerate. Not sleeping all day could have meant she slept for only an hour or 30 minutes, and to me that is sleeping, but to her it may not have been long enough to suffice as a nap. Well, it turns out that she didn't sleep at all! They said there was one point when she almost fell asleep, but then she woke back up and kept on playing. They said that she didn't cry all day or get fussy, but she just didn't sleep. I thought it to be a little strange.

So we leave and as soon as we get in the car she falls asleep. We get home and she falls asleep in my arms on the way in the house and stays that way the entire time I cook dinner. I couldn't let her go to bed without dinner. She woke up to eat dinner and take a bath, but then straight down again. My baby was tired!

This morning when I took her, her teacher mentions what a laid back child Hannah is and that she wished all the kids in her class were like her. She said she would just play and every now and then look up and smile. Now that is the Hannah I know. That made me feel better and I finally relaxed a little and thought for the first time since I dropped her off that things were going to be fine.

They say these things are harder on the parent than the child and they are so true. I am just glad it was a smooth transition.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad she is liking her new day care. I was worrying about her too. She is a happy baby and I knew she would be OK, but I was anxious for her, anyway. She is a trooper! And I love her so much!