Thursday, May 25, 2006

What a week!

I know I haven't posted much this week or at all, but those of you who I have talked know why. I got a call from Hannah's daycare on Monday to come and pick her up. They thought she probably had pink eye! So I go to pick her up and thankfully was able to get an appointment, which was a miracle in itself.

Hannah was trying to get sick last week, but she got two teeth, so that is what I suspected was messing her up so bad. She had been running a fever and her nose was starting to run, but nothing out of the ordinary for teething.

Well, by the time I got her to the doctor on Monday, I thought she was just had allergies and that what was stirring up her nose and eyes. Well I was in for a rude awakening. When we got to the doctor she wouldn't hardly move. She was laying on me just watching the other kids, and usually she is right down there with them. Everyone who passed said how sick she looked. We finally get called back and the nurse does her thing. The nurse all of a sudden gets really still and just watches Hannah. She then tells me to turn her around and take off her shirt, that is when I knew someting was up. She was watching her breath!

Well, the final conclusion to all of this rambling is that Hannah had pneumonia and pink eye! We did the chest X-rays and the antibiotic shot and went on our way. They most frustrating thing was that the doctor said to watch her breathing through the night and if it got worse to take her to the hospital. Well, what exactly is worse? I really wanted to ask the doctor if he could just come and sleep in Hannah's room for the night so I would be exactly sure what worse was! I was probably a little exhausted which led to me being more frustrated, but gees!

Anyway, we made it through the night and she is doing so much better. She has had to be out of day care all week so that has been a little trying, but we are making it. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and Hannah is almost back to herself. Besides her really long naps she is back to getting into everything and playing like she always does.

I will be glad when this week is over, but I have to admit it has been nice being able to hang out with Hannah a lot even if she was sick.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so sorry Hannah has been sick, but I'm glad to hear she's getting back to herself. Morgan has had a cold this week, but luckily it hasn't developed into anything worse. Take care of that sweet girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Allsion,

Ginny has finally taught me how to access your blog. I love reading all about Hannah. I hope she is better and that she got to go to the birthday party. Everything that Hannah does and learns are interesting to us. She is a very intelligient little girl, (and I am not just prejudiced because she is my grand-daughter). She loves music and does have rhythm. Maybe she will play the piano when she is older. She definitely loves to "play" her grandmother's piano. Please give her a big hug and kiss from her Alabama Grand-parents. We love her so very much and miss her. We love you and hope to see you soon.